Media Interview Checklist from a LA Media Trainer
This media interview checklist was prepared by Los Angeles Media Trainer Lisa Elia.
When preparing for an interview, make sure you have all the items on your media interview checklist ready to go.
Media interview image on Media Interview Checklist from Expert Media Training, Los Angeles. Many media interviews take place with very little notice. It’s not unusual for a member of the media to request an interview to take place within hours (or sometimes less).
You want to be prepared so that, even on your busiest days, you’re ready to say “yes” to a last-minute media interview request.
If you don’t have a media interview checklist for yourself, here’s a quick list of items to have ready before an interview:
- your “elevator pitch” or introduction
- key message points you want to deliver
- a plan to handle the tough questions as well as the simple ones
- specific calls to action that you want to incorporate into your responses
- clothing and shoes ready to go (including jewelry and handbag/tote/briefcase, if any of these items suit you)
- a plan for hair and make-up (men, you might need to have sheer powder on hand to reduce shine)
These are the items to have ready before an interview, however, it is also important to get proper media training if you haven’t already done so. If you require media training, you can find more information on our services here: https://expertmediatraining.com/services/.